Saturday, March 12, 2011

Prints

These screen prints are related in a way to the concept that I am working with. For a while now I have wanted to incorporate photographs with my paintings, but could never come to a decision. The photographs that I used for these screen prints are directly related to where I have run. One of the roads pictured is Gracie Road, a road that I run on from time to time. Back when I referenced photographs for my paintings, it was photos like this that I used. The reason why there is selective coloring in the prints is because when I am done running, there are only certain things that I remember. It would be impossible to remember every detail of every run. Whether it is a certain patch of trees, a stretch of road, or a meandering stream, I only remember certain parts of most runs. And my mem­ories of anything for that matter typically are lacking color. Which is why small bits of color are added to the black and white prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment