Friday, March 25, 2011

In Progress Painting Update


Posting a picture of it again to see how different it looks after a little more paint. I sat down and looked at it for a little bit and some thoughts came to me. It feels a bit redundant saying this again but I think each time I do, a little more comes out and I will be able to piece it all together.

These are my emotional and psychological states. That moment in time when I feel euphoric. Not at one time. Not only during and not only after, which is why it's the culmination. I take pieces of each. When I'm out there and observing and physically there in the space. Along with after. When the memories are forming. Since that is what I am primarily working with.

The stray marks are what I find interesting. In nature, they can be materialized in the sky, in the clouds. As the edges of the clouds dissipate and soften out into nothing. That helps capture the feeling of weightlessness and floating.

Float being an idea for a possible show title.

No comments:

Post a Comment