Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lilford Gallery

I forgot the mention this.


I found this earlier in the day whilst taking a break from painting.

Two artists that I really like are Katrina Taylor (her website isn't working now) and Ric Horner (I don't think he has a website either).

Here are a few of their paintings. The first 2 are by Katrina Taylor.









What I like about them are the subtleties that are given so that you recognize them as landscapes; especially the first 2 and last paintings. That is something that I have been questioning myself. Do I want the viewer to read them dead on as landscapes? Or do I want to give them just enough information, so that it can be still be read as a landscape, just a little more obscure.

I think I am doing that somewhat, just not a ton. I don't render what I am putting in the scenes realistically. It's more of the mood and feeling of the landscape that I want to be evoked. (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment